Friday, October 10, 2008

Deadlines Amidst Chaos

I have a postcard on the wall board in my office that reads:
"So I haven't written much lately! So what? Neither has Shakespeare."

The first time I saw the card it gave me a chuckle. I remember saying, "Yeah, but Shakespeare doesn't have deadlines anymore."

Writing on a deadline is always a challenge, but it's a good feeling to know that something you have in mind to write, already has a home and the interest of a publishing house. Now if the silly world would just stay out of the way, everything would be perfect.

But alas, the world careth not for my needs. And neither does Shakespeare, because he's dead.

The car doesn't care either, because it can't feel a thing for me. If I fail to lavish it in attention, it fails to cooperate and run. If someone fails to lavish me in attention, I'm still required to cooperate and run.

The bills I owe don't care. They simply demand I present the proper amount of homage at or on the proper date and time. If I expected that, the world would simply snicker and ignore me.

And sometimes the people I think should care, don't because they're consumed with their own problems. Just like I get consumed with mine. And that's the point of my blog this week. Issues and things will do their level best to consume us and take our focus. Deadlines will creep in to add stress and misery, even when they are good deadlines. And chaos, the Devil's favorite playground, will ensue to defeat and destroy.

So my goal this week is to focus on the positive aspects of life and to enjoy the fact that God has blessed me with deadlines while protecting and providing for me amidst chaos. He is a good and loving Father to be sure, and I don't want to forget that even when the deadlines and chaos loom.

Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact