Friday, May 22, 2009

Women of Faith


I had the most amazing time last weekend in Billings, Montana at the Women of Faith seminar. My mom and I went for the all day Friday and Saturday event and man were we blessed.

The theme this year is A Grand New Day! On Friday we heard Dr. Henry Cloud, co-author of the Boundaries book and many others. Stephen Arterburn was supposed to be the speaker, but he couldn't make it as his wife had just given them a new daughter. Even so, Dr. Cloud was incredible. He had some powerful things to say about how we need to stop being so hard on ourselves when we mess up. He said we always tend to use the 3 P's when we do something wrong or make a bad decision.

1. We make it - Personal = "I'm a loser, I should have known I couldn't do this. Why did I even try?

2. We make it - Pervasive = "I can't do anything right. It's not just this one thing, I'm always messing up everything."

3. We make it - Permanent = "I'll never do anything right - I'm always going to be a lost cause - I'm hopeless."


I thought how true. So often we punish ourselves in ways that God would never even consider. We condemn ourselves and write ourselves off, even when others are understanding and say "It's not your fault" or "It happened that way to me, too."

There were others there that weekend including Sandy Patti. She brought me to tears with her singing and testimony. Having grown up with music as a strong focus in our family, I find its power to be so compelling especially in spiritual areas.

I could go on and on, but instead I just want to encourage you to check out the website for Women of Faith (http://www.womenoffaith.com/)
and see if you can't get yourself to one of their events. The messages are awesome and amazing healing takes place without you even realizing it.

Tracie
PS: Today is my mom's 70th birthday! Feel free to wish her a good day at JRButler522@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact