Friday, June 26, 2009

The End



Today's the day that I type THE END on my manuscript. Finishing a project always feels good when I know I've done everything the way I was supposed to--given it my all--trusted God's direction. Finishing a book, a day of work, a race--it leaves us with a sense of achievement and completion. Finishing our time on earth should give us the same sense of accomplishment.

Several big name people died this week, along with a great many whose names were not so recognizable. As I saw the television flashing information about some of these folks, I couldn't help but wonder if they completed their life in the way they'd hoped. Had they trusted the Lord? Would they be remembered for things that would last? Would they stand before God and hear, "Well done," or would they spend eternity in regret.



None of us know how much time we have here on earth, so we need to make it count.

The end of a matter is better than its beginning...
Ecclesiastes 7:8a

I know that when my life ends here on earth, I'll be in the presence of the Lord and the end really will be better than the beginning. I pray the same happy ending for you.
Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact