Friday, October 9, 2009

Back from Alaska and Alabama Bound

I'm back from Alaska and headed to Alabama where I'll be signing copies of DAWN'S PRELUDE. First I'll be at the Athens-Limestone Library, 405 E. South St., Athens, AL at 3:30 p.m. on Friday October 9th - TODAY!


Saturday October 10th I'll be celebrating Lifeway's Fiction Day at a booksigning in Huntsville from 11-1 pm. This will take place at:

HUNSTVILLE LIFEWAY CHRISTIAN BOOKSTORE
Westside Centre
6275 University Dr NW, Suite 42A
Huntsville, AL 35806

On another note - I'm back from my trip to Alaska. It was a great time and the weather was unseasonably beautiful and dry - except for Ketchikan where it rained, but that was no real surprise as they get the most rain of all the inside passage towns. Here's beautiful Sitka Harbor and then a snap from the ship of Ketchikan's welcome sign.




Dawn's Prelude is already hitting the stores there and is proving popular. Folks are always tickled to see stories about their area. One woman told me that she is so delighted to see the increase of Christian fiction in bookstores and everyday markets. I know many of you have shared this sentiment, and I think all of us who write feel the same way. It's such a relief to pick up a book and know that we don't have to worry about the content influencing us to take our gaze from the Lord.

One really neat encounter for my husband and I happened in Juneau. While walking around the town we met a man who was asking for change. We gave him some and then stayed and talked with him a while. He was part Tlingit Indian and had a very interesting life to tell us about. We stood there for probably twenty minutes and he told us of his love of reading. When he found out I was an author, he announced he would look for my books at the library and demanded my website. I had to smile. Here was a man down on his luck, living in a tent, and one of his greatest joys was reading. You just never know.

Oh and just for your amusement - here's a photo from my front door taken on Wednesday. This is our 3rd snow.
Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact