Friday, October 16, 2009

Booksignings in Alabama

The booksignings in Alabama were great fun, and I met so many neat people. I want to definitely offer my thanks to the Athens-Limestone Public Library in Athens, AL and also to the Huntsville Lifeway Christian Bookstore, in Huntsville, AL.

The Athen-Limestone Library speaking event turned out to be great fun. I met such wonderful people, and enjoyed signing books for them.


Here I am with a great little gal named Jade and her mother Amy.



Then we were off to Huntsville the next morning for the Lifeway Fiction Day celebration. We had a great turn out there and I met so many readers who turned out to be loyal fans. Here's a shot of one gal named Tammy.
She assured me that she has read everything I've written.

Another one who said the same was Marge Odom (she's promised me Hawaiian Banana bread and its recipe).





Then I met a dear lady named Rachel and 2 of her 5 daughters - Laura and Lyn and her little granddaughter Abigail.
Laura (shown in the wheelchair) even surprised me with a sketch of one of my book characters (Dianne Chadwick from the Heirs of Montana). Each person was a special blessing.



Then of course there were the Lifeway gals. I call them the Lovely Ladies of Lifeway. They made me feel welcome and special.
What more could an author ask for?

I think my favorite thing was the fellowship. Each of the readers were great to share stories of how the books had changed their life or drawn them closer to God. What a special blessing that was to me. Next week - Ohio and Indiana booktours. See my website (www.traciepeterson.com) for dates and locations. Cathy Marie Hake and Judith Miller will be my companions. Look out Ohio and Indiana this trio can be dangerous!

Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact