Friday, November 13, 2009

Heading into the Holidays

It's that time of the year again. Thanksgiving will soon be upon us, then we'll sail right into Christmas and New Year's and then all at once 2009 will be completed and we'll welcome 2010. It seems like just yesterday I was blogging about the new 2009 year. Sigh. Time is flying by.

Someone mentioned buying a Christmas tree the other day and I honestly thought they must have some sort of brain madness to even think about such a thing, then I realized that Christmas is only a little over a month away. 43 days - folks. 43 days until Christmas. This simply cannot be. I'm not ready. I'm too far behind. I haven't even celebrated Easter yet--have I?

Okay - so I have to get my act together.

I have to buy a turkey and find the Thanksgiving tablecloth. I need to dig up my family's favorite recipes and maybe find a couple of new ones to spring on them for the feast of thanks. Maybe you can help with that - if you have a favorite holiday recipe - send it my way.



Then I have to remember where I put the tree stand and those presents I bought for the grandkids earlier in the year. I need to get my son to take his snowboard out of the front room where I want to put the Christmas tree and figure out whether or not we can afford to put lights up outside. Of course we may be detered by the foot of snow that fell today and the other foot that is supposed to fall tonight. Guess we're literally waiting for the other foot to drop.

So here I go. I'm putting on my festive spirit and holiday hat and plunging in. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!
Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact