Friday, May 21, 2010

Colorado Conference






First a big thanks to Stephanie Whitson for filling in last week. I'm reading her latest and it's awesome! But last week was also awesome. I was busy with a writer's conference in Colorado and what a fun time!



My hubby and I love to go to Estes Park, Colorado for the Colorado Christian Writer's Conference and this year was no exception. The conference is always a wonderful get-away, as well as a chance to minister and grow spiritually.



We also had - now are you ready for this - hang onto your seats - SNOW.



Yes, snow. I did not escape my weekly snow. It snowed a foot and a half while at the conference. However, it was gorgeous. I thought I'd share some photos of the remarkable YMCA of the Rockies and Rocky Mountain National Park. Here's Jim shoveling snow so that our conferees could make it for our writer's clinic.



Estes has always given me a kind of peace and spiritual restoration. The mountains there were a home away from home during the early years of my marriage. This area has also been where we brought our children for vacations when they were young. It's a beautiful piece of God's creation.



Marlene Bagnull runs the conference here every May, and she always points our focus back to Jesus. What a blessing. I always come away remembering that: Yes, I am a writer. Yes, I am a daughter, mother, sister, friend and wife. But above all - I am His.



As the Bible says, He has called me by name - I am His. What a blessing. What a marvelous thing to remember. For all the hats I wear - and they are many - I am first and foremost - His. Today I'm resting in that and enjoying the blessing of all that He has created. I hope you will find rest as well.



On our way home - Jim captured this photo of the sun in the clouds, and I thought it looked very much like someone holding open his arms (his body is right where the sunburst is) as if blessing the earth - Jesus?



One day we'll see Him face to face! Oh, and what a wonder that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact