Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Beginning to Look






to look a lot like Christmas.







This week we got our tree up and my snow village out, and the nativity set unboxed and it's indeed starting to look like Christmas in the Peterson house.











My son Erik decorated the tree and even set up my village. It seemed important to him, so I let him have complete freedom. He did a nice job - especially on the village.





We're not doing much in the exchange of gifts this year. We all pretty much have what we want or need, so our real gift to each other is a trip to see the grandkids for just a few days. I'm definitely looking forward to that.



There are still plenty of things to get done before the end of the year. Appointments and shopping and even a few parties. But for the most part, I'm just as happy to stay inside and enjoy the blessings of home and family.







In fact, with the temperatures down in the teens and lower, and losing the light earlier and earlier, staying in at night suits me just fine. A nice cozy fire, cup of hot chocolate, a good book or a laptop to write a book - and I'm quite content.


So as we flash right into the Christmas season and close out another year, I wish for you all the beauty of the season, and all of the joy. I pray you will find yourself closer to God at the close of the year than you did at the beginning, and that this Christmas will bless you in a very special way.
Counting my blessings in Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact