Friday, March 4, 2011

Texas Goodbye

Well, the Texas book tour is done, the retreat over and the research completed. I had such a great time and God blessed me in so many ways. One of the things I really enjoyed was time to get a feel for the history of Texas.


I learned some pretty fascinating tidbits related to Texas.

Texas is the only state that has the right to become its own country and believe me they talk about it all the time.


In Texas, it's illegal to put graffiti on someone else's cow, but apparently you can decorate your own beeves.







In Houston it is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday, but you can buy Cakeballs.




The World’s largest parking lot is located at DFW Airport, but I think I shared the Interstate with most of those drivers when driving around the state.









The best thing about Texas, however, are its people. Texans are friendly, out-going and generous. I very much enjoyed getting to meet the people there at the events, booksignings, retreat and research spots. I'm so blessed to have had the time there and happily blessed to be home once again. I left Texas and upper 70 degree weather with sunshine and clear blue skies and came home to overcast, 27 degrees and snow.

Even so - it's good to be home.

That sigh you heard, was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact