Friday, June 17, 2011

Home Again

It's so good to be home again and back to the routine. Before I close out my book tour related blogs, however, I wanted to share just a few interesting moments.



I know I mentioned how the storms seemed to follow me. There were tornadoes in states that rarely ever have tornadoes. There was also flooding and the threat of flooding.



Our trip started out with the flood waters of North Dakota and Minnesota.





We managed travel throughout the problem areas, however, and we met all those wonderful folks I told you about in the previous posts.



Tornadic storms were evident in Massachusetts, New York, Maine, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and even poor Wyoming.



My husband captured some amazing shots and here are a few I thought I'd share.













On our final night in Pierre, South Dakota we were rather nervous. Here's the reason why. Everywhere we went - including our hotel - we found evidence of the flooding Missouri. Here's our sandbagged hotel.







and the flooded Missouri River














Now we're safely back to Montana where the weather has been rainy and our own little Gallatin River is threatening to flood due to snow melt and rain. Ah well, such is life.


God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact