Saturday, February 22, 2014

Down South on Book Tour

So we're still on the road and having a great time on book tour.

We were stranded for a time in Birmingham due to snow and ice.  Now we're weathering the threat of thunderstorms in Louisiana.


Tonight we had a great time at Steamboat Bills in Lake Charles.  I had Crawfish Etoufee - Yum!  Here I am with Kim.  Note the Alligator overhead. :)

 

 


 


We have had such neat things to see in the south.  My favorite Live Oaks.


As well as some nifty old buildings.  Here we were in an old post office in Albany, GA.  Look at

this awesome plaster ceiling.



One of my favorite things in this post office was this old shoe shine stand.

 I remember as a little girl being in the train station where these were set up.  There was always some nifty old man snapping the shoes and humming or singing.  I always loved to watch them and recognize the artistry of their craft.

The South and I really don't agree, however.  The humidity is straining my lungs and causing my asthma to kick in so it's probably good that I'm just a few days from heading home.

We're having a lot of fun, however and I'm blessed to get to know the Woodhouse family better and to experience RV travel.  Tonight with thunderstorms threatening, I'm really not sure that RVing will be for me. :D

God Bless Ya'll as we say down here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
 
Home
Meet Tracie
Books
Events
Guestbook
Media
Journal
Writing Tips
Contests
Photos
Contact